click on the lil' crosses for navigation. don't be shy, leave a tag.
about the girl.
kym.
20.
born 29th september 1989.
working.
living for the sake of it.
Friday, January 05, 2007
There she stands, in a crowded bus with her trusty iPod blasting music in her ears, her bag slinged over her shoulder, her laptop in one arm and her other clutching tightly to the poles wondering why she just had to suffer from being driven by a reckless bus driver. She thinks over what they talked about earlier and wonders why everything had to come to this point. Then, she remembers all the fun times, fun jokes and the time when everybody just enjoyed each other's company. Those were the days, those were the good old days. Her reminisence of the past unknowingly brought a wide smile to her face. She only realised how stupid she looked with that grin on her face while gripping tightly to the pole and staring in space when she saw someone peeking at her giving a puzzled look. "Oops," she thought, wiping the wide grin off her face. She continues to think about what they discussed earlier, suddenly realising she had nobody to turn to. No trustworthy friends anymore, no caring family anymore. What was she to do? She didn't know. All she knew was the fatigue was getting to her and she needed some rest. "Argh, no seat, dammit," she grumbled. But she had no choice, she was just too tired from the whole day's activities. She shut her eyes and tilted her head downwards for a while and drifted off to slumberland just like that. Imagine that, sleeping while standing in a crowded bus. She awoke when someone trying to get off the bus tapped on her shoulder. "Sorry," she said, moving out of the way then seizing the opportunity to take the seat of the man that had just alighted and continuing her sleep. What was supposed to be a five or ten minute wait for the bus at the bus stop turned out to be a nice little talking session between us that stretched over 2 hours? Can't recall, really. What they discussed got her thinking even more about people, school, family and well, maybe just life in general. Why do humans exist? They work hard all their lives just to get ready for old age and passing? Or is there something deeper to it? In return, she got him thinking about how genuine people really are when they say words like "I love you" or what is on their mind when they hug you or flash you that megawatt smile. Nobody knows. Call it insecurity, call it doubt or maybe even call it needless worrying. But isn't this what many people do? "She confuses me." "Hmm, she confuses me too." "I think she has a lot of secrets." "Oh yea man, I think she does." "I don't like him." "I've never ever liked him from the start." So she wasn't alone in her thinking. She breathes a sigh of relief and realises her doubts weren't unprecedented. She enjoys heart-to-heart talks. ---------------------------------------------------------- Just a short little story.
P.S.: I think I can safely say this and I can tell you its 100% genuine. I trust you. Nevermind if you don't trust me, I know who you trust. But, I'd still trust you because I know you aren't the sort to bail on me. You know who you are, thanks for everything. Please know that you can talk to me whenever you need someone to talk to. =)no where, at all.9:55 pm